Google map is one of the trending products from Google Inc. Company, which enables us to locate a particular location on it. For example, if I need to reach Connaught Place today, but If I don’t know the specific way to reach there, I would just write the address of my complete destination in search field of my Google map application i.e. Connaught Place, Delhi and soon the map will get enlarged showing me a sign against the destined place and I can enlarge or zoom the map in order to view the place from somewhat closer so as to judge the perfect way that needs to be adopted. In order to mark your place within the same map, you can bring the following tips in use:-
How to Mark Your Place in Google Maps
1. Mark Your Place on Android/Smartphone Google Maps Application:-
If you have a smart phone like that of android or windows phone, you will surely have a dedicated pre-installed application in it with the name “Google Maps”. If you have an active internet connection, clicking this application will take you to the Google map.
- There will be a gear at left side which can be bought in use to access the map menu.
- When you click this gear, many options like “Your Places”, “Your Timeline”, “Your Contributions”, “Offline Areas” etc. will get displayed on screen out of which you can choose the option for “Your Places” in order to mark your place.
- There will be two further options in this menu option and one out of these can be bought in use to mark your “Home” place and the other can be bought in use to mark the “Office” place.
- In order to mark any of these both option places, you just have to enter your address and the map will take you to that place. Once you reach the perfect place on map, you can tap the screen to enlarge the place and mark it up. Now click save button to save the place.
Mark the Place on Desktop/Laptop:-
If you are currently using a desktop computer or a laptop, you can also bring it in use to mark a specific place on Google map. It opens on the computer in a very same way as it opens on mobile with menu gear provided at the left portion of screen.
- Click the top left menu gear option first of all. Clicking the menu gear will open a drop down menu for you with various options in it like “Satellite”, “Bicycle”, “Traffic”, “My Contributions”, “My Maps” etc.
- Click the option for your contribution from all these available options and you will soon get an option to add a place in a small window.
- Click “Add a place” option and you can enter the address of a specific place to add it as your place afterwards.
- Now Zoom in to the appropriate location by entering the address and locate the place. Click save button afterwards to permanently mark the place.