Second hand smoke is the smoke that we do not practice actually, but enters our lungs when someone sitting besides us is doing smoking. This type of smoking is also called as passive smoking and it is equally likely to put us at the risk of heart and lungs related diseases. Talking about the facts, the damage done by passive smoking is more as compared to habitual smoking and thus here we are providing some of those facts that will prove to be an eye opener for you.
10 Important Facts About Secondhand Smoke
1. It has been found that It is a human tendency that we try out the thing that people tell us not to do and what proves to be the truth in case of small children with a family history of smoking. Though the smoker father may tell the child that cigarette will kill him, but the child will still try it out of ecstasy curious to know how it tastes.
2. It has been found that a major number of cigarette smokers are those who are either influenced by the lifestyle of other smokers or have a family history of smokers in it.
3. In a report it has been published that Since 1964, approximately 2,500,000 nonsmokers have died from health problems caused by exposure to secondhand smoke which happens the most with the cases of smokers within the families.
4. Second hand smoke has been found to be the major cause of Ear infections and severe asthma attacks in most of the children that have a family history of cigarette smokers.
5. In adults, second hand smoke has been found to be the major cause of heart diseases and breathing related disorders.
6. It has been found that smoking in front of a newborn baby can make him prone to breathing problems as well as asthma.
7. According to an estimate, secondhand smoke caused nearly 34,000 heart disease deaths each year during 2005–2009 among adult nonsmokers in the United States and caused more than 7,300 lung cancer deaths each year during 2005–2009 among adult nonsmokers in the United States.
8. It has been found that Secondhand smoke exposure is higher among people with low income levels, which are the people who always wish to have a lifestyle as the rich people have and thus a cigarette that is cheaply available makes them fulfill their desires to live life like what they have dreamed.
9. It has been found that a women who smokes during the period of pregnancy is much likely to meet health problems like miscarriage. The man who practices smoking while having sex with his partner is likely to have a poor sperm count and the sex experience is also likely to be quiet irritating as well.
10. It has been seen that some minors also like to sit with habitual smokers as they get easily influenced with the lifestyle of such people often what becomes the topmost reason for such guys to fall in a bad company.