Internet explorer is a web-browser that comes pre-installed on every computer. If you update the windows, this web-browser will itself appear in your window menu as it is a part of the window package also. In some cases, people wish to uninstall this application when they switch to some other browser as having two to three browsers in their computer increases their trouble to keep on switching between them to the default one and if the case is same with you, here we have enlisted some ways to uninstall internet explorer from a computer in a better way.
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer on Your Computer
1. Uninstalling Internet Explorer 10 Or 9:-
In order to uninstall Internet explorer 9 or 10 version, you will need to take the help of search option in the Start menu.
- Click the start button
- Type “programs and features” in the search field provided at the bottom of these menu options.
- Click “view installed updates” option.
- Scroll down to “Microsoft Windows section” now.
- Select the name of your browser from the list that gets flashed on your screen.
- Click uninstall option and Click yes, the browser will get uninstalled.
2. Uninstalling Internet Explorer 8:-
While trying to uninstall Internet Explorer 8, you will need to take the help of control panel option located in Start Menu.
- Click start button and reach control panel option.
- Click control panel option and then click Programs option/ uninstall program options.
- Click programs and features option and then click view installed updates option.
- Click the name of your browser from the list that gets displayed on your screen.
- Click uninstall option and then click yes, the browser will get uninstalled.
3. Uninstall Internet Explorer 7:-
In order to uninstall the internet Explorer Versions like Internet Explorer 7, you will need to take the help of control panel in this case also.
- Click the start button and locate the controls panel option to click it.
- Click add a program option now.
- Click add or remove program option and then click the name of your browser from the list that gets loaded on your screen.
- Click the remove option Now and then the app will get uninstalled itself.
4. For Any Other Version:-
In order to uninstall any of the installed applications in your computer, there is always a dedicated option in control panel to perform this operation. Simply reach the control panel of your windows version and locate the installed programs. The option to uninstall them will also be located at the same place.
5. Clean the Browser Junk or Residue:-
After you un-install an internet explorer browser from any computer, don’t forget to restart the system as system takes time to refresh the changes made in it. The names of some applications keep on getting displayed till you do not restart the computer even if you have already uninstalled them. After the uninstalling process gets finished, you can easily manage to clean the browser junk or residue which is left in a system with some good disk cleaner software or you can also do it yourself manually for better performance of your computer.