When a book starts getting tempered or the old binding starts getting torn or damaged, we plan a new book binding. Even if the book is not torn from anywhere, some people still prefer to get it binded in order to increase its life. A binding can be a professional binding like the one which is done by the publishers while getting their books printed or it may be the one which is done at book seller’s shops. You can bind a book in several ways, some out of which have been explained here.
How to Bind your Book Perfectly (3 Steps)
1. Spiral Book Binding:-
- Gather the supplies:- In order to perform spiral binding for any book, you will just need a plastic spiral wire and two sheets of plastic paper. You will also need a spiral punching machine to make holes in the paper.
- Make holes at one side:- Now you will need to make holes in the book with punching machine. The holes should be made at the side where the pages are joined with each other. You should also keep the plastic sheets respectively on the front and back of your book to let them get punched with holes together with the book.
- Get a spiral wire positioned through the holes:- Now half job has been accomplished and you just need to take one end of the spiral wire and make it go through the first hole. Similarly, you have to pass the spiral wire ahead through each and every hole and when the spiral wire passes through each and every hole, you should trim off the rest of spiral wire. The book has been binded perfectly.
2. Cardboard Sheet Binding:-
- Gather the Supplies:- For cardboard sheet binding, you will need two sheets of cardboard matching the length and breadth of your book. You will also need gum, a needle and a piece of thread.
- Make Two Holes in the Book:- Take the book from side where the pages are connected and pinned with each other and make two holes in this book along with its length.These holes can be easily made with a punching machine or you can use a screw-driver in order to perform this operation making hole with it pressurizing it on the book with a hammer.
- Get The Thread Out Of The Holes:- Now all what you have to do is to take the thread out of the needle making a knot at its end and you have to take the thread with needle out of these two holes in the same way like you do while stitching a button on your favorite shirt. You can wrap the binding finishing with the help of a tape afterwards.
3. Plastic Sheet Binding:-
- Gather the Supplies:- For plastic sheet binding, you will need two sheets of plastic paper matching the length and breadth of your book. You will also need a piece of thread, a tape, and a needle.
- Make Two Holes in the Book:- The book should be held now from the pinned side and two holes should be made in this book along with its length. This one is the binding performed by most of the photostate shop owners these days.
- Get the Thread Out Of the Holes:- Now all what you have to do is to position one plastic sheet at the front of book and one at the back. Take the thread out of the holes and make a perfect knot. Take a suitable length of tape to wrap it on the stitched part and then you can cover the book to use it.