Microsoft Word is a sub-part of Microsoft Office software released by Microsoft Company for word processing of documents. This software is an ideal option for offices and home based document creation and processing which makes it an essential need of every system. There is an option for text alignment in Microsoft word that makes you able to align the text in any direction on the page where you are working.
How to Align Text in a Word Document
There are two ways to align text in any Microsoft word document:-
- Text Alignment with the help of Home menu
- Text Alignment With the help of keyboard shortcuts
1. Text Alignment with the help of Home menu:-
You can easily change the alignment of your text with the help of Home menu present at the top portion of any Microsoft word document.
1. Open up the document in M.S Word. Click menu option with title “Home”.
2. You will now see many options. On the very left hand side of the menu options, you will see the options to change text size, text type and options to make it bold, italics or to make it underlined. This is font submenu and you will see the word “Font” written below these menu options if you are on the right place. In the very right hand side of your page there will be options to find, replace or select anything from the Microsoft word page. Just below these menu options you will see the word “Editing” displayed on your screen and besides this menu category, there will be a styling menu subcategory with word “Styles” written just below it. If you see these options.
3. Just at the middle part of these menu options, you will see four icons with alignment lines drawn on them. This is paragraph submenu. If you are on right menu option, you can see the word “Paragraph” written just below these menu icons.
4. Select your data to be aligned with the help of your mouse.
5. Click any of the four menu options from the paragraph submenu displayed at the very left hand side from down in this submenu. One of these options will align the text to Left, the other will align it to center, the third will align it to the Right and the fourth option amongst these alignment options will justify it or in other words will align it from both the sides.
2. Text Alignment with the Help of Keyboard Shortcuts:-
If you could still not find the menu options that I described for you, you need not feel embarrassed as there is a dedicated shortcut to set each of these alignments.
1. Select the text which you wish to align. Suppose you wish to select the entire data, you can press the control key along with “A” key at the same time together. If you wish to select selected data from your document, you can select it using control key along with any of the arrow keys meeting your requirements and text positions.
2. After selecting the data, press Control key along with “L” key at the same time together to set its alignment to left, Press Control key along with “E” key to set its alignment to Center, Press Control key along with “R” key to set its alignment to left, Press Control key along with “J” key to set its alignment to Justified.
3. After the alignment gets set, you can save the document. The changes will be made permanent.